Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I see a lot masks in the results?
If you see masks in the results, that means you are not logged in yet.
- How much time does your system need to process a query?
It depends. If a query is on something very general, it may take a while. Most of the time, the results will be returned in seconds.
- How to use the expert search service?
Here are several tips:
(1) Users can type in anything as search query.
(2) Make queries as specific as possible. For example, searching for experts on “neural network style transfer” will return experts you are looking for, while searching for “computer science” will not return great results, since the query is too general.
(3) You can also do “OR” search with <OR> (uppercase) operator. For example, when you are looking for experts on “relation extraction” or “question answering”, you can use “relation extraction <OR> question answering”.
(4) You can also do “AND” search with <AND> (uppercase) operator. For example, when you are looking for experts on “relation extraction” and “question answering”, you can use “relation extraction <AND> question answering”.
- Can I find experts in multiple areas?
Yes. You can use “AND” search or “OR” search.
- Do you update the ranking very often?
Yes. We track technology progresses in real-time. As a result, expert ranking results could be changed every second.
- How are the results ranked??
Experts are ranked based on many different factors. For example, #related papers, #citations, timeline, whether the expert is the first author, etc. Expert X with 5 related papers can be ranked lower than expert Y with only 1 related paper, if Y’s paper is highly influential and Y is the first author.
- Can I search for experts using names?
Yes. you can type in the expert’s name as your query, our system will lookup the expert records for you. You can also use OR search to search for multiple experts.
- What is the difference between information under “related work” section and information in the expert’s profile page?
If you are using name to search, then the two should be the same; if you use expertise to search, the related work section only lists the work related to the query while the profile page lists all the work.
- How to check service status?
You can check the service status using the following button:
- I forgot my password, how to recover it?
Password can be recovered using the following button:
- How to change my current password?
Password can be changed using the following button:
- How to cancel the service?
You can cancel the service any time using the following button:
- What is “IF” and how is it calculated?
“IF” stands for impact factor. It is a score in 1.0-10.0, calculated based on paper citations, patent citations, etc. A higher value indicates a broader impact.
- Who is running Expert Graph?
Based in New York city, we are a group of researchers and engineers working on machine learning and natural language processing.
- What is the advantage of using your expert search services compared to using other sites?
There are a couple of advantages: (1) Extensive coverage: our results are created based upon search against hundreds of millions of papers, patents, grants, etc. and the data is updated in real-time. (2) We are able to cover passive job seekers including people without social network accounts. (3) Every result comes with supporting evidence to help users decide if the expert is a good fit.
- How to contact Expert Graph?
All other questions, requests and comments can be sent to email@example.com.